Inclusion Europe, l’Associazione Europea di Persone con Disabilità Intellettiva e delle loro Famiglie, cerca un tirocinante motivato e impegnato per lavorare a Bruxelles per 6 mesi, a partire dal 1° dicembre.
Si cerca una persona con laurea in giornalismo o scienze politiche o european affairs o simili, che abbia un’ottima padronanza della lingua inglese e conoscenze informatiche (Office, CMS, in particolare Joomla and WordPress) e dei social media.
Le domande devono essere inviate entro il 20 Novembre 2015.
Inclusion Europe is looking for a motivated and committed individual to join our team in Brussels for 6 months, starting December 1st. If you are passionate about communications, have excellent writing skills and an interest in disability, you might be just the person for us. A great eye for detail is a must, and so is a bit of patience and a strong desire to learn. In return, you’ll learn the ins and outs of Brussels advocacy while building up a great portfolio of writing samples, one that will really set you apart.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Degree in journalism, political science, European affairs or equivalent
• Knowledge of EU affairs and demonstrated interest in human rights advocacy
• Excellent command of English, both spoken and written. Additional languages are an asset
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally, excellent drafting skills
• Ability to assimilate and process information on a wide variety of issues and for a wide variety of audiences
• Appropriate computer skills (Microsoft Office package)
• Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS), particularly Joomla and WordPress
• Knowledge of social media
• To produce and edit features for Inclusion Europe’s information tools (online Journal, website, newsletter, specific publications)
• To supervise the production and dissemination of the ‘Europe for Us’ and e-Include newsletters
• To participate in the preparation of various publications and events of Inclusion Europe
• To participate in external meetings with different European institutions and organisations, and draft related reports and articles
• To participate in drafting responses to European consultations
The contract will be governed by the Belgian law on ‘professional immersion’ and will provide the successful candidate with a net income of approximately 750 euros a month. Interested candidates should apply by submitting a detailed CV, cover letter and two unedited writing samples to email@example.com by 20 November 2015. Due to the large number of expected applications, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.